It might not be wrong to say that insurance policies are playing a very important role in the life of humans. It provides them with the feeling of staying strong in case any uncertainties arise in the future. Especially when the talk comes to health insurance, it is very important for almost every person to do investment in a good health insurance policy. It is an insurance policy that helps in handling medical expenses that might be difficult to pay on the spot. This is the reason different insurance companies have come up with different policies like health insurance for self, health insurance for parents, insurance policy for covid-19, health insurance policy for the dangerous disease, etc. all these insurance policies can either have claim reimbursement or cashless claim.
While the purchase of the insurance policies, it is very important for the person to have a look at the procedure of claim of the insurance. So that the person should be well prepared with the situation in advance. Both these claims are hassle-free and are designed in such a way as to provide maximum benefit to the policyholder. In case the person is more interested in the reimbursement claims. It will be great if he follows some of the few aspects listed below:
- Understanding reimbursement claim: First of all, the person who is going to invest in the policy must be clear about the concept of reimbursement. According to the dictionary, reimbursement means to provide compensation for the money that has been already spent. So the person needs to understand the fact that in the reimbursement claim, the insurance policy will compensate the medical bills that are already been cleared by the person. Lately, the person needs to submit all the required documents related to the claim. The reimbursement will be granted after a certain waiting period.
- The initiative is yours: If the person was that the insurance company should pay the medical bills, then he needs to do a lot of effort for making this thing possible. Though the bill will be paid by the insurance company there itself it will be backed by a lot of hard work, documentation work, application filling, follow-ups, etc.
- Arrange all the necessary documents: For this claim, the person needs to present all the medical bills to the insurance company to grant the medical claim. The best key to get success in the reimbursement claim is to present all the right documents right from the start of the treatment till the end. All the original documents need to be attached with the application form to raise the authenticity of the claim. It is better to keep the photo state copies of the documents submitted to the insurance company.
- Intense scrutiny: Every reimbursement claim is thoroughly scrutinized by the insurance company. Though there are not so many formalities in the cashless claim, just the person needs to go to the network hospital to avail of all the benefits. But in the reimbursement claim, there is a check on each step, to ensure the authenticity of the claim.
- Time-consuming process: Without any doubt, it can be mentioned that reimbursement claim is a very time-consuming process in comparison to cashless claims. The person needs to be very patient for getting all the things done in the right way. Even there is a lot of effort done for the documentation work. There might be many queries from the policyholder regarding the claim, the insurance company will guide in the best way to put the person on the right track.
This is the list of the important aspects that the person needs to know about the reimbursement claim. Further here is the list of the documents required for the claim of the insurance. Let’s have a look at them.
- Duly filled and signed claim form by the policyholder
- Referral letter and the Doctor’s prescription regarding pharmacy and diagnose test.
- Original copy of the medical reports.
- All the original bills, receipts, and discharge papers from the hospital.
- Original bill from the chemist
- Fir report in case if the accident
- The death certificate and the post-modern report
- All the details regarding the policy, policyholder, and all other required information
If the person provides all the genuine details and documents, there is no chance of rejection for the claim. Things should be kept open with the insurance company so that the process of approval of the claim can go smoothly. If you are interested in getting a health insurance policy, it is better to get it from Care Insurance. It is a one-stop solution to all the concerns related to the insurance policy. It not only deals in the different types of health insurance policies but also deals in travel insurance policies. The person can easily get a lot of information regarding different policies from their website and from there the best decision can be made for the purchase of insurance.