Why do we only care for things when they are new? Regular maintenance of your AC unit is important for its effective working. Servicing and cleaning up of air conditioner parts is crucial for effective cooling. Best of all? A well-maintained unit runs efficiently, saves energy, lowers down electricity bills, calls for fewer repairs, and has a longer lifespan.
Remember, your air conditioner unit is vital to beat those hot summer days!
7 things included in AC maintenance –
As an owner, you must be aware of the normal maintenance routine but must leave the technical assessments for professionals. Let’s jump into the basic things that your AC repair maintenance must include –
- Thermostat – The chief thing to inspect for in your air conditioner unit is the thermostat. Calibrate the thermostat to make sure it is working properly. Don’t forget to install it properly away from all the heating devices.
- Closely inspect all system components – The system components of the device are crucial for its operation. It’s important to check the parts of your unit at least twice a year to save your pockets. Damaged components are the main reason for inefficient cooling.
- Clean condenser coils – Over time, dirt and debris build on the coils and reduce efficiency. Also, they put stress on the mechanical parts of the system and reduce airflow. The aluminum fins on the condenser and evaporator coils should be regularly cleaned to protect them.
- Check for wear and tear on belts and other moving parts – Friction can sometimes cause damage to the moving parts. Lubricate the belts and other moving parts to prevent frequent repairs and replacements. Although newer parts don’t typically need lubrication.
- Inspect refrigerant levels – A lower refrigerant level can cause the compressor to work too hard and in turn reduce the longevity of the system. The possible reasons for low refrigerant levels could be a leak or improper installation. Addressing the leakage cause is important before refilling the refrigerant.
- Air filters – The significant reduction in cooling capacity might be due to dirty and clogged air filters that obstruct the normal airflow. The air contaminated with dirt in the filter, soils the coils. Regular maintenance and cleaning up of air filters are necessary for proper cooling.
- Rear drains – Properly clear the drain line for your unit to properly drain liquid condensate. A clogged drain line can cause water leaks and other moisture-related problems. Also inspect for leaking condensate drain lines for any repair or replacements.
Benefits of regular AC maintenance
Your AC repair will speak out for itself! You will start noticing positive changes in your device after regular conditioning. Some of the benefits to look out for after each session are
- Better performance
- Fewer breakdowns
- Increased cooling efficiency
- Better air quality
- More comfort
Tune up your air conditioner properly for the months you would need it the most! Carefully inspect things like electrical components, mechanical components, coolant levels, and duct integrity to make your air conditioner stay efficient as long as possible.