Good oral health of a child starts from the very beginning, even before they have their first tooth. To ensure your child has good dental health it is essential to maintain a good diet, this includes proper nutrients like proteins and calciums.
Oral hygiene is directly associated with proper nutrition hence it is vital to establish a good routine for your child as far as nutrients are concerned. This helps prevent tooth decay and reduce health problems. This article goes on to provide several essential tips to ensure a child’s dental health and also states the consequences of ignoring it. It is a must-read for those in Danville searching for pediatric dentistry.
Tips to ensure Child’s Dental Health
- It is essential to start good habits from the very beginning. For example, it is essential to ensure you clean the infant’s gums after each feeding.
- Extra care is necessary when the new teeth are about to appear and one should ensure to use soft-bristled toothbrushes and tiny drops of fluoride toothpaste.
- A child can be taught how to brush their teeth once they are 2 years old.
- It is advisable to opt for a special fluoride toothpaste during the initial few years.
- One of the most popular techniques to beat tooth decay is to fight sugar. This means preventing exposure to sugary fluids and food. This includes breast milk, formula milk as well as candy. One way of doing this is to clean the child’s teeth and gums after feeding time.
- It is a good idea to take your child to visit the dentist for a checkup early. This can be after they turn 1; it is also a good idea to make routine visits to the doctor after that.
Consequences of Ignoring your Child’s Dental Health
Good dental care is essential for the overall health of a child. Children tend to suffer from bad sleep or insufficient sleep. Teeth grinding and bruxism are common childhood dental issues. The main reason for this to occur is because their jaws clench together and grind against each other. This can often lead to frequent headaches, facial pain, sore jaws, popping or clicking jaw sounds as well as chipped or cracked teeth. The child may also suffer from pain and fatigue.
for read more latest related article on business news tips
This can lead to a more serious issue if it is not treated correctly. This will result in the loss of teeth or cause them to become uneven. There is the risk of plaque build-up on the gums which is usually due to issues with brushing and flossing. If this is not treated in the right manner and an expert pediatric dentist it is likely the infection will spread, break down the bones and tissues that hold the child’s teeth. Thus, it is a good idea to take your child to the dentist regularly instead of having to visit an emergency dental clinic.
Common Signs & Symptoms of Gum Disease
It could be hormonal changes like pregnancy, puberty, menopause. It can also be due to illness and bad habits like smoking. Poor dental hygiene and a family history of dental disease are also often considered to be a reason. As far as children are concerned it is mainly due to lack of proper cleaning and care. Common signs of gum disease include:
- Swollen red gums.
- Bad breath that persists.
- Bleeding of gums at the slightest problem.
- Pus between the teeth.
- Loose teeth
- Gums pulled away