Finding the right and signature scent is a very special moment. This is absolutely a personal choice and one needs to choose something which feels right to them in many ways. When one starts their journey in the field of fragrances, there are a few things that they need to know. And for that, one can take help from the experts who can become their ultimate guide.
These are the few basic things that one needs to keep in mind:
- One should not try too many fragrances at a single go. Even if one has decided to find a new signature fragrance for themselves it is still a good idea to limit themselves to smelling only a set of 3 at once. One can test the chosen fragrance in different areas of their skin for at least a day before one makes a decision. This is the way one can really understand and appreciate how a scent develops on their skin.
- When one first spray the perfume the notes that one can smell are said to be the top notes. These notes can linger for a while but then the heart notes turn to develop in. Finally when it dries down then becomes prominent the longer-lasting base notes. So, one cannot even decide which should be their preferable perfume at the very first spray. One needs at least a few hours to develop their scent experience.
- If one already has a collection of perfumes, they already know what their basic preferences are. If there is a floral dominance on the shelf then one is inclined to that and if they are full of oriental notes then one must prefer those. Some people also go for the freshness of fruits and one can always use their basic knowledge and inclination as the base when they are searching for a new perfume. Or else one can also explore the new fragrance families so that they can try out something totally different and new.
- No matter what, but one must never buy perfume depending on someone else’s choice. No matter how popular it is, or how to pick it has been on the perfume shelf one must go for the fragrances which only appeals to them.
- It is better to go and try out perfumes physically at shops when buying but if one is going online then it does not mean it is very difficult to do that. One can get some help from online services as well.
One can try out assistants where one can answer a few basic questions so that they can be lead to the right kind of perfume collections. One can also try out their suggestions but only if they find those smells are suitable for them. Apart from the Gucci Guilty perfume, there are other variations from the same brand which one can try out. There are other brands as well which are quite popular when it comes to perfumes.