Selling a home isn’t an easy process. It can become pretty nerve-wracking. Regardless of the reason why you want to sell it, or moving out of state, there are certain things to consider and several mistakes to avoid if you want to attract strong offers.
Things to Do to Sell a House Quicker
Here’s a list of things you should do if you want to find clients for your house in a short amount of time.
Clean and Declutter
One go-to strategy is to present a home with an appealing interior to as many potential buyers as possible. Rent a storage unit where you can keep all your large furnishings and belongings to get them out of the house. They could make the rooms look messy and crowded.
Organize your closets and remove all the items you don’t need anymore. Some buyers like to take a peek inside a home’s storage spaces like closets and pantries. Remove all your personal belongings like family photos and trophies because the buyers want to picture themselves living in that house.
Make sure that everything is clean and neat before doing an open house.
Use a Selling Strategy
There are several alternatives that you can choose from:
- You can sell the house on your own to save time and money because hiring an agent, despite having its advantages, is also costly and time-consuming;
- Other potential plans are: selling to an investor for flipping purposes, selling to a house developer, selling the house at an auction, or find help from a company that teaches you how to sell the house as-is without investing in repairs and improvements.
Handle All Quick Repairs
If you still want to do some repairs before selling the house because you can afford them and you want to achieve a higher selling price point, then here’s what you should handle first:
- Painting the interior walls;
- Fixing loose tiles;
- Tighten leaky faucets;
- Purchase new appliances;
- Repairing loose door handles; etc.
Mistakes to Avoid
Here are some things you want to avoid when selling your house:
- Establish a reasonable and realistic price;
- Don’t have high expectations because most of the times, you will have to negotiate and buyers will offer less than your pre-established price point;
- Avoiding selling during winter months because around holidays, people are busy with other events and they spend a lot of money on presents and parties;
- Always publish high-quality photos of the house when you upload the listing details;
- Don’t hide major problems if there are any.
Selling a House as Is
Selling a house as-is means to put it on the market in its current condition without making any repairs or improvements beforehand. This can be the case when the owner wants to move as quickly as possible. In those situations, the owner chooses to sell the house off-market.
Common reasons for this choice could be a death in the family, divorce, foreclosure, or bankruptcy. At the same time, this means you might probably get a lower price on it but you could raise the price level a bit if you tackle the major problems such as electricity, roofing, and plumbing.
Another way to go is to sell it to a developer who has both the time and other resources to remodel the entire house. There are many advantages to selling a house as-is:
- You will save money and time;
- You will avoid plenty of stressful circumstances;
- The sale can occur quicker.
The current social context is uncertain and selling a house is a challenging thing to do. Luckily, there are numerous viable options that can help you sell the house pretty quickly and without too much hassle.