AT&T is one of the biggest companies in the world in the field of telecommunications. Their other services include mass media, entertainment, and technology. One of the key services from AT&T is its email service.
They used to provide the email ids to every user who uses their connection. And they used to run all the operations needed to use the email service. But recently, they partnered with Yahoo to provide their email service in accordance. After they forged a partnership with Yahoo, the era of BellSouth and SBCGlobal ended, and the new AT&T system started.
If you are one of the users of the AT&T email service and want to configure the account on iPhone, you’ve come to the right place. Today we will look at how you can configure the AT&T mail-in iPhone with ease.
Let’s get started.
There are no special steps to set up AT&T email on iPhone; you just need to follow regular steps to set up any email on the iPhone. Access the multi-device benefits of the AT&T webmail with ease.
Here are the step by step instructions to help you manually configure AT&T email settings on the iPhone.
- Open your device and click on the Settings icon
- Now, go to Mail, Contacts, and Calendars
- After that, you have to select ‘Add Account’ to add the webmail account
- Now, choose Yahoo from the list and then type in your AT&T email address and password.
- You may also need to describe the details.
- Now, click on the Save button to save the settings on your iPhone and then press the home button on the device to go back to the main screen.
- Now, you need to locate the mail icon on your device and tap on it to open it. Now, it will have an additional account of AT&T configured there along with your other accounts.
So, that’s how you can set up your AT&T email on iPhone with ease. And if you are wondering how to set up the AT&T mail on android, then you can go to the Emailspedia.com website and look for the article related to it.
They have all types of articles listed on their website related to various emails and other technology.
Well, the steps we looked at are for the configuration in the default email application that comes with the iPhone. There are many third-party apps available in the marketplace that can be used to configure extra mailboxes like AT&T and more.
As we’ve mentioned, there are many email apps available, some are good, and some are bad. But the best one is the Blue Mail app that is available for both mobile platforms.
Set up AT&T in a third Party App:
Well, settings up in the third party app do not require you to configure the email from the settings. You must know that you can add more than one account in Blue Mail, and here are the steps needed for that.
- Open the app and then tap on the Add Account button.
- Now, enter the email address and type in your password.
- Now, untick the Automatic and then tap on the Next button.
- Then you have to choose the Account type to IMAP
- After that, you have to configure your account with the incoming mail server and then outgoing mail server.
- Now, tap on the Next button to connect to the server.
- Now, wait for a few minutes for Blue Mail to connect to your service provider’s servers.
Now, you will be able to use the Blue Mail without any hassle. However, you must copy the IMAP settings from the help section of the email service provider you are using. In this case, we are trying to configure the AT&T email. So, you should enter the AT&T Yahoo email settings.
AT&T IMAP settings for Yahoo Servers
Whenever you would want to configure your email in a client, you would need the manual settings of email. Here are the settings you need to enter in your email client to configure AT&T mail.
IMAP server configuration
- IMAP server (AT&T) – imap.mail.yahoo.com
- IMAP Port – 993
- IMAP Security – SSL/TLS
- IMAP Username – Full email address
- IMAP Password – Your att.net email password
SMTP server configuration
- SMTP server (AT&T) – smtp.mail.yahoo.com
- SMTP Port – 465
- SMTP Security – SSL/TLS
- SMTP Username – Full email address
- SMTP Password – Your att.net email password
That’s it; with these settings, you will be able to configure your AT&T in any email client software, even on mobile or PC. You can also use these settings for the AT&T Outlook login on your PC.
So, we’ve seen how you can set up AT&T email on iPhone using the default mail app and third-party app. And we’ve also seen the settings you would need for in PC.