PVC patches – are becoming quite the fad in the realm of fashion. Collecting these add-ons is no less than collecting eye-striking souvenirs to adorn your apparel.
We all know what a patch is. However, what we don’t know is that there is a patch type that is made up of extremely durable material, has a sturdy backing, and is highly customizable, too. That is right!
We are speaking of the PVC Velcro patches!
It would not be wrong to suggest them as a more durable version of the classic embroidered emblems that are ironed or sewn on an outfit. It offers limitless options for personalization in design, shape, and color.
A great thing about them is that they are both functional and fun.
So, whether you want to display your love for your summer vacation destination or your favorite NFL team, all you have to do is design a patch.
And, we are here as your knight in shining armor to tell you all about designing the most voguish patch in the history of ever.
So, let us get down to it!
A Step-By-Step Guide To Design Your Own PVC Patch
Crafting your very own PVC Velcro Patches is surely a fantastic way to display your style and express your individuality. Whether you are creating them for your business or organization or for your personal use, such emblems are a creative and fun way to catch everyone’s attention. So, give them a try straight away by reading below to get familiar with the steps required to make these add-ons!
Step No. 1 – Choose A Catchy Design For Your Patch
Before you start tailoring your PVC patches, it is a wiser plan to decide what design you want. Come on! It would not be practical at all to think of the design while your patch is already in the production process, would it? Nope! So, first and foremost, what you are required to do is think of a meaningful message, logo, or visual that you want on your emblem. It could be anything from Donald Duck’s images to Donald Trump’s quotes. Keep the color, shape, and size of your applique in mind. We have given a brief list below regarding the aspects you must keep in mind while at this stage.
- Shape – The shape of your custom PVC Velcro patches can be anything that fits your design. Just make sure you have the right mold to make the shape. It is better to stick to classic shapes, i.e., square, circle, rectangle, etc.
- 2D Or 3D – If you wish your emblem to be flat, then without any second thoughts, go for the 2D patch design. However, if you want a sculpted and elevated look, then opting for a 3D look might be your best bet.
- Colors – PVC patches make room for a massive range of colors. So, feel free to choose any hue for your add-ons. However, there is one thing that you must know about these patches! That is, the PVC material is not suitable for gradient colors. Thus, it is better to stick with solid ones.
- Size – Custom PVC patches vary in size. They can go from 0.5 to 15 inches as per your preference. Standard flag patches are about 3 x 2 inches in size. Whereas round patches, on the contrary, are generally 3 to 3.5 inches in diameter. However, there are no strict rules.
Step No. 2 – Choose Your Material
There are a lot of materials that can be used to craft PVC patches, such as fabric, rubber, PVC, etc. Every material comes with its own set of pros and cons. However, the most widely used material is PVC itself because it is water-resistant and durable. After choosing the right material, proceed to the next step!
Step No. 3 – Select The Most Suitable Backing For Your Emblem
Once you have your patch design and material in mind, you will have to select an appropriate backing for your emblem. Patch backings can really make or break the add-ons in terms of durability. Let us explore some of the most used backing options for a PVC patch, shall we?
- Magnetic Backing – This type of backing is typically for add-ons that are to be used on steel surfaces. So, if you do not want to attach your patch to steel, then consider the backing types below.
- Velcro Stick-On – Customized PVC Velcro patches are the most commonly used backing option. It allows seamless attaching and de-attaching of your emblems. Moreover, it is also machine-washable! Fantastic!
- Backing With Adhesive – With this sort of backing option, attaching the emblem becomes quite hassle-free. All you are required to do is peel the backing and stick it to your item of clothing. However, patches having such backings come off during washing.
- Sew-On – The back of the add-on is plain, with a sewing hem. This type is the sturdiest and most durable option as compared to the ones mentioned above.
Step No. 4 – Create Your Template
After choosing the material for your PVC rubber Velcro patches, you will have to create an eye-striking template for your patch. This can be drawn by hand, or you can also work on it using various computer programs such as CorelDraw or Adobe Illustrator.
Step No. 5 – Cut Your Patch
As soon as you finish working on your template, you will have to cut out your customized Velcro PVC patches from your chosen material. If you have chosen PVC material, then you can either use a die-cutting machine or a laser cutter to cut your emblem out.
Step No. 6 – Attach Your Patch To Your Outfit
Et voila! Your emblem is almost complete. So, what is the delay for? Don’t shy away from attaching it to wherever you plan on using it. Tailoring your own PVC Velcro patches is a fun way to showcase your style and express your individuality. So, let the world know about your never-ending love for a cartoon character or an NFL team by simply putting a patch on!
Summing It All Up!
And that is it, peeps! You are all set to design your very own custom Velcro PVC patches. By following the steps given above, we assure you that you will tailor the fanciest and top-notch quality patches in no time. So, give it a go right now. Gather all the supplies and make some emblems for yourself, your friends, your family, or any other person that comes to your mind. That will be fantastic!