Benefits of Roof Rack Sydney
Many of us can see the benefits of having a roof rack on a 4WD vehicle. The additional accessories allow you to store everything from camping equipment to motorcycles and surfboards on the roof. That means more space inside the vehicle and it means keeping large, unsafe and wet luggage out and away from passengers.
Looking for good roof racks in Sydney.
So how do we choose a roof rack?
It helps if we know what we want to wear, how we want to use the stand. This concept is less important these days as modern, well-designed custom roof racks will be quite versatile. But it helps to know what you want.
The roof rack will have a combination of crossbars and bars running from the front of the vehicle to the rear. Some 4WDs have front and rear rods as standard brackets. This makes it easy to add some crossbars to the main roof bracket. Custom roof racks, on the other hand, can be attached to these front and rear bars.
For some general purposes, a pair of crossbars on the roof will suffice as a basic roof rack. But don’t expect heavy loads for this type of installation. They can only carry moderate weights.
Sooner or later you’ll notice a heavy load coming down the road. You’ll also find that a serious, sturdy roof rack design is essential.
Points to consider with car roof racks
- A roof rack will raise the height of the vehicle. As 4WDs are already larger than most cars this height increase is adding to a something that the driver is already aware of. The unloaded roof rack should not be more than 120mm higher than the vehicle. It will be much higher when loaded.
- Centre of Gravity. This is easily overlooked, but a weight on the roof raises the centre of gravity of the vehicle. This affects the stability and handling of the vehicle.
- Drag. The roof rack will cause some drag, causing the car to consume more fuel. A well-designed roof rack will minimise this issue.
- Weight limits. A 4WD vehicle will be able to carry about 100kg on the roof, but this includes the weight of the roof rack itself. So a lighter roof rack, usually aluminium, allows more luggage weight.
- Tie down points. Anything you carry will need to be secured to the roof rack. It helps if there are many points that can be used for securing ropes.
Track lander roof racks in Sydney and Perth
Our roof racks allow you to load your vehicle as much as possible. Custom, they are durable and long lasting. Wondering who sells accessories for roof racks and track bins in your area?