Unfortunately, the market is overcrowded. And when all the brands shout “look at me!” in their advertising campaigns, it turns into background noise.
Whether you’re selling fresh buns, legal services, or high-end real estate, advertising and positioning will impact customers. According to conventional wisdom, everything is decided by the product. But in the end, when you’ve beaten all the competition in the quality of buns, legal services, and apartments, your real profit will depend on how you present yourself in advertising and SMM Panel.
Typically, even top marketing agencies offer different approaches to creating an advertising campaign. Let’s figure out which one is right for you.
What are the approaches?
Before choosing the way to create an advertising campaign, we need to proceed from what its goal is:
- Image – increasing awareness, bringing a new product to the market, creating and fixing perception in the minds of the audience, and disseminating information about the brand.
- Sales – entering a new market, promoting a specific product, promoting to a new audience, creating sales funnel templates, launching a promotion, or supporting a special offer.
This is where the battle of the titans begins: someone creates an advertising campaign based on research, others rely on creativity, and still others focus on promotion.
From this follow the 4 most common approaches to creating advertising:
- through the creation of a communication platform;
- through the creation of a communication strategy;
- through the creation of a creative concept;
- through the creation of advertising creatives in a specific channel.
If you decide to create a communication platform
This will mean that you have decided to work for the long term and choose a comprehensive and deep path to determine the development of communication for a long period of time or work with changing or strengthening consumer perception.
You usually need this when:
- want to convey brand positioning to the audience and work with the image;
- there are a lot of brand products/services and it is necessary to consider how communication of products will develop in the long term.
You will not create an advertising campaign as a result of this large-scale research but will build the foundation for all your campaigns for several years to come.
We recommend developing a communications platform when:
- you have a large and not a new brand;
- you want to systematically work with advertising and gain a foothold in the perception of the audience;
- many of your communication messages have already worked and you want to work on something new without rebranding;
- you need to adjust communication in accordance with the realities of the market and the audience.
If you decide to develop a communication strategy
This means that it is important for you to establish contact with the audience in order to understand how to interact with a specific segment of the target market and lead it to targeted actions.
This path should be chosen if:
- it is necessary to form communication for a specific product for a specific audience;
- develop 1 advertising campaign for a large number of channels and a long period.
In fact, this approach is a study for a specific task of an advertising campaign and the development of a creative concept with promotion mechanics, but the advertising campaign itself has not yet been launched.
We advise you to develop a communication strategy to create an advertising campaign for your goals and audience needs, and not based on what marketers and creators find creative and interesting.
If you decide to create a creative concept
We choose this approach when the client does not have time for long research and already has an answer to the question “what to say to the audience?”. In this case, the research concerns only creatives, several concepts are developed, the audience initially specified by the client with its characteristics is taken for development, and these data are not supplemented.
Choose this approach if:
- want to launch a situational advertising campaign;
- you need to adapt the communication message developed by the head office for the representation in your country.
As a result, you get only a creative concept with mechanic ideas, while there is no well-developed promotion block.
We recommend choosing this service if you cannot change the direction of communication and message, and the audience is already tired of how it is broadcast now, but at the same time you are really confident in your direction of communication: what, to whom and where to say.
If you decide to create ad creatives in a specific channel
In this case, it is supposed to develop specific advertising creatives for a small task. This can also be a separate service if you need to update visuals for a particular channel quickly.
Choose this approach to:
- scale the creative concept to a new channel;
- come up with a short situational creative;
- update creatives within an already launched advertising campaign.
As a result, you will only have to launch an advertising campaign since there is no research here, only immersion, and the creator does not scale to other channels.
We advise you to apply this approach to creating advertising campaigns only when you need to supplement it within the framework of a ready-made creative concept. If this approach is used to create full-fledged advertising campaigns, the brand’s perception is blurred, and the consumer is lost among different creatives that do not support each other at all.
What should be ideal?
A communication platform for the entire brand, a communication strategy for a specific product and audience, is situational, if necessary, supplemented with new creative reflections of the thoughts embedded in communication.
What’s in reality? Each approach has a place to be on its own, but only for its own tasks.
Communication agencies specialize in communication research, strategies, and creative concepts. Hence, their experience suggests that the conversation that goes on in the head of a mother on maternity leave or a businessman in the eternal race for success is different. However, both may be your target audience.
Use the approach to creating your ad that will help you realize your goals, enter into a mental dialogue with your potential customers, and get your message across in the shortest, clearest, most distinctive way possible. Then your advertising campaign can be called successful.