Certifications are proof of professional competency and expertise. HR certifications do the same for hr professionals of all levels. Whether you’re an HR executive, looking to master certain areas of human resources, or a senior professional looking to join the league of global HR leaders, certification will give you the right set of skills and expertise to move up in your career leader.
What’ more, a career in human resources demands continuous skill development to stay abreast of the industry. A certification is a good way to learn new skills and commensurate ways to implement those skills. New and in-demand skills can be easily learned by taking the certification. Furthermore, a certification accelerates career growth in the following ways –
- Boost salary – A certified HR professional gets more salary than non –certified hr professional. According to PayScale, a certified HR earns as much as 35% more salary than non-certified counterparts.
- Increases chances of promotion – Earning a certification increases of chances of promotion by as much as 15%.
Shows commitment to the job – A certification shows the candidates’ determination toward the profession. Earning an HR certification shows that you’re determined to learn more and grow consistently with the demand.
What certifications can you take?
The following certifications are prominent in the HR industry.
- PHR (Professional in Human Resources): This HR certification is offered by the Human Resources Certification Institute (HRCI). PHR is meant for fresh graduates as well as entry-level professionals who are looking to fortify their skills and add new layers of competency to their expertise, to grow in their career. This is a perfect HR credential to take for HR professionals to get an immediate growth in career.
PHR is valid for 3 years.
- SPHR (Senior Professional in Human Resources): This certification is meant for HR professionals who are looking to take on leadership roles after having extensive experience in a managerial role and managing a department-wide function. If you’re looking to move into a leadership role, SPHR is a perfect HR credential to earn.
SPHR is valid for 3 years.
- GPHR (Global Professional in Human Resources): GPHR demonstrates the holders’ ability to excel in a global leadership role. As organizations are increasingly building a global and distributed workforce, GPHR shows your ability to effectively manage such a workforce. If you’re a senior manager in human resources, looking to become a leader, GPHR is an ideal credential to take.
GPHR is valid for 3 years.
- TMP (Talent Management Practitioner): This is an entry-level certification for working HR professionals as well as fresh graduates who are looking to break into talent management. This is an important area of focus for companies today due to the shortage of talent in the market and the need to maintain a competitive edge. TMP is offered by Talent Management Institute.
TMP is valid for 3 years.
- STMP (Senior Talent Management Practitioner): This is a mid-level certification for HR professionals who are looking to equip themselves with talent management skills and move ahead in their role as a talent management practitioner. STMP is a high –value credential that demonstrates your skills and expertise in talent management practices in achieving talent management goals for organizational growth. STMP is offered by Talent Management Institute.
STMP is valid for 3 years.
- GTML (Global Talent Management Leader): This is a high –caliber HR credential for talent management practitioners. GTML establishes your identity as an effective leader, with the ability and expertise to manage a global workforce, in achieving talent goals. GTML is the ultimate credential to earn for senior HR leaders who are looking to move into a global leadership role.
Taking GTML gives candidates access to learning material from the Wharton School, the University of Pennsylvania. So you have access to top-notch learning resources. GTML is offered by Talent Management Institute.
GTML is valid for 5 years.
A Complete Guide to Finding the Right Retirement Property for You
Whether you’re excited to pursue new hobbies or looking forward to settling down with your partner, retirement signals the next phase in your life. But deciding where to put down your roots isn’t an easy decision. From the benefits of a retirement village to tips…
Reasons Why Renting Could Be Better Than Buying for all Mumbaikars
For many people, own a home is a life long goal. Although there is a lot of homeownership in Mumbai today, this is not always the case. Historically, the family had to either build their own house or rent an apartment from someone else. Although…
Real estate Tips for an Immobilienmakler Neu Ulm to Be Successful
You know the top 10 tips for Immobilienmakler Neu Ulm to be successful. It is a simple list that is not very difficult to follow. If you follow it religiously, you will be successful in your career as an agent, no matter what level you are…
Things Only Experts Know About Residential Roofing
Your home’s roof can represent up to 40% of your home’s exterior. It is essential to understand what keeps your home looking beautiful and safe from elemental factors like weather from curb appeal to home safety. That’s where residential roofing comes in! Residential roofing is…
The Instructive Estimation of Play For Little Childs
Have is a characteristic and basic influence of adolescence. All through humanity’s history, kids have consistently messed around of creative mind and ability building, even without acknowledging they were doing as such. Play starts in the support and stays a steady of life all through…
How to Post On Instagram From PC or Mac
Instagram is an app specially designed for phones so people find it tricky to use this app on their laptops, PC, or Mac and easily post on Instagram. Instagram recently introduced the direct message feature on desktops but the option to upload any picture or…
Remote Work Policy: Why You Need it for 2020 and Beyond
2020! A year no one will forget, at least not for the next decade. In the wake of COVID-19, the world faced one of the biggest work from home experiments. Turns out the experiment might stay with us for quite a while now. Large organizations…
HR Certifications: Why do they Matter?
Certifications are proof of professional competency and expertise. HR certifications do the same for hr professionals of all levels. Whether you’re an HR executive, looking to master certain areas of human resources, or a senior professional looking to join the league of global HR leaders,…
7 Types of Cool Beachwear for Men Who Want To Be Iconic For Every Girl
Men and women visit beaches and swimming pools to spend a day full of glamour and excitement. What accentuates your body assets? Well, it depends on different factors, including body type, skin tone, and more. However, your swimsuits are very important to achieve the goals….
What makes a Tote Handbag a Better Choice while going to the Gym?
When the gym becomes one of the most visited places after your home and workplace, mixing fashion and working out becomes a new trend. Becoming health conscious has now become priority for everyone, which means people are adding branded outfits, bags and accessories to sweat…
7 Different Ways To Deal With The Excessive Hair Shedding Pet
Pet dander can lead to serious health problems and also make your home dirty. Therefore, no matter how much you love your pet, you should remove the hair of your pet. How will you get rid of pet dander? Pet, who sheds an extreme volume…
Artificial Jewelry In Everyday Life
In India, every woman wants to keep up with the fashion of the modern era. One can easily do so by buying artificial antique jewellery online. You get a lucrative deal from every individual site on the web when you shop online for the best…