KPSC 2021 – How to Prepare, Books, Do’s & Don’ts
KPSC or Karnataka Public Services Commission conducts the Karnataka Administrative Services (KAS) examination every year for recruiting administrative services aspirants in the state. Candidates interested in appearing for KPSC 2021 must have a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree from any discipline.
The KPSC 2021 exam will take place in three stages – Prelims, Mains and Interview. The interested students must apply online as per the schedule and the instructions available on the official website of the exam. The official date of the KPSC exam 2021 is not out yet, students can check the preparation tips and other details for now.
KPSC – Details, Important Tips, Do’s & Don’ts
As mentioned at the beginning, KPSC 2021 will be held to recruit for various vacant positions within the administration sector of the Karnataka Government. In this section we will state further details about the exam, preparation tips, do’s & don’ts.
|Exam Name||Karnataka Administrative Services (KAS)|
|Conducting Body||Karnataka Public Services Commission (KPSC)|
|Exam Level||State Level|
|Frequency of the Exam||Once a year|
|Mode of Application||Online|
|Stages of Exam||3 – Prelims, Mains, Interview|
|Posts||Deputy Superintendent of Police, Assistant Commissioner, Commercial Tax Officer, Assistant Labour Commissioner, Tahsildar Grade II, Assistant Superintendent, Deputy Superintendent of Excise, Assistant Director, Labour Officer|
KPSC 2021 Preparation Tips
While preparing for the KPSC 2021 exam, aspirants need to keep the following things in mind.
- The first step towards preparing for KPSC exam 2021 must be to devise a plan. Along with the study methods, students must gain access to as many resources of knowledge as possible.
- Candidates must study the NCERT or the State Board books thoroughly to understand the key concepts of subjects like Geography, History, Political Science, Economics and Public Administration.
- Exam oriented books are to be studied next that give the students an idea about the exam pattern and the kinds of questions that would be asked.
- Candidates can take help from experts or tutors, or take up coaching classes to prepare for KPSC.
- Making notes, flow charts, highlighting important points can be useful for memorising.
- Students need to stay informed regarding any KPSC 2021 updates by visiting the official website regularly.
- Checking news from credible sources is also a requirement for preparing for KPSC because the exam also tests the candidate’s general knowledge of current affairs, new policies and schemes introduced by the government etc.
- Appearing in mock tests and attempting sample papers and previous year question papers, can help the candidates in assessing their level of preparation.
- While appearing in the KPSC 2021 exam, the candidates must manage their time properly and answer the questions carefully.
- For the interview stage, the students can refer to self-help books and watch videos to work on their presentation and communication skills. They must be confident in their abilities.
- It is better to start preparing for the exam as soon as possible. A student can start preparing for it even while pursuing their graduation. Preparing at least about a year prior to the actual exam would be favourable for the candidates.
KPSC 2021 Important Books
The syllabus of the KPSC exam tests the candidates on a wide range of topics such as General Studies – National, International and State, Indian Constitution, History (India and Karnataka), Geography (India and Karnataka), Polity (India and Karnataka), Economy, Environmental Studies, Ecology, Science and Technology, Reasoning, Comprehension, Problem Solving and Data Interpretation.
Candidates can refer to books specific to the different stages of the exam, or study topics-wise. Some of the popular books taken up by candidates for the exam have been given in the table below along with the author’s name / publication:
|Book||Author / Publication|
|General Knowledge (Latest Edition)||Arihant|
|General Studies||Santhosh Kamagouda|
|Indian Economy||Ramesh Singh|
|A Concise History of Karnataka||Suryanath U Kamath|
|Geography of Karnataka||Dr. Ranganath|
|Environmental Studies||P.V. Bhyrappa|
|The History of Modern India||Bipan Chandra (translated by HS Gopal Rao)|
|Geography of India||Dr. Ranganath|
|History of Karnataka||Phalaksha|
|Indian Struggle for Independence||Bipin Chandra|
Besides these books, KPSC aspirants can also study the prescribed NCERT and State Board books to get a better grasp of the concepts.
Magazines that deal with current affairs, competitive exams and topics of general knowledge, can also be useful for the candidates to refer to.
KPSC Do’s and Don’ts
Here are some key things to keep to remember for the candidates aspiring to appear in KPSC:
- Regularly check the official KPSC website to stay updated with the new introductions or changes regarding the syllabus, exam pattern etc.
- Do not come under excessive pressure as the exam date nears. Start preparing well in advance.
- Try to revise the covered topics again and again in the days leading up to the examination.
- Do not leave important topics for the eleventh hour because that would lead to a very stressful situation.
- Take care of your physical and mental health. It would be easier to prepare for KPSC and appear in the exam when the candidate is feeling at ease.
- Trust that you have given your fullest efforts and they shall be rewarded with good results.
Few Important Notes on KPSC
- The age limit for appearing in KPSC is from 21 to 35 years.
- To prepare for this exam, you can check for the books online.
- No, the official dates for KPSC 2021 have not yet been announced.
Finally, when it comes to deciding whether to prepare for KPSC by self-study or by taking up coaching classes, the candidates must remember that at the end of the day, it solely depends on their dedication, determination and efforts. If they feel the need for guidance and extra help, they should take up tutions or coaching classes. If the candidate is able to plan and work by themselves, they can choose to study on their own. We wish all the best for your preparation!
A Bajaj Finserv Personal Loan At Low Interest Rate
Personal loans now account for nearly 28% of overall bank credit in India. Thanks to such growth figures, they are among the fastest-growing modes of short-term financing in India. The number of personal loan accounts with traditional lending institutions increased by a little over 17%…
7 Most Stunning Restaurant Interior Design in UAE
There’s no shortage of places like cafes and restaurants to visit. Each with a unique elemental cafe interior design and themes has people going crazy not for food but to have a luxurious experience. A restaurant’s design is a reflection of its branding and vision….
Can Investing In Rent To Own Perth Homes Increase
Buyers have diversified choices of buying from various housing schemes, but the trick to achieving the best is to select the one that gives the most excellent benefits. The one scheme that provides the best to the buyers is Rent To Own Perth Homes. Vital…
What are the benefits of buying and renting?
Both buying and renting property have their own advantages, but reaping the advantages of each option in-part depends on your immediate and long-term goals for the property. Businesses often struggle to decide which option, between buying or renting, is the better choice to make and…
Does CA final Test May 2021 is effective for graduates?
Before proceeding into ca intern, you need to know what ca is and how it makes variations to your life. Are you on the borderline of deciding your work path? It is a time in your life when you a thousand options, suggestions, and much…
Mistakes Avoid During the School Nursery Admissions
Are you struggling to find one nursery admission? Do you need help with nursery admission? Is it your first time looking for a nursery school for your child? If your answer to any of these questions is an affirmative ‘yes’, you have landed in the…
How To Earn Money Through Writing Essays
Are you good at writing essays? As a learner, is writing essays your passion? Do you score high in your assignments? If you can answer yes to all these questions count yourself lucky. You can get employed by any of the essay writing websites and…
Tips for Teaching Online and In-Person Simultaneously
Everyone knows today’s situation of this pandemic. Due to this everyone has to maintain distance, wear masks, use hand sanitizer. Due to this reason institutes are thinking about how to teach the students. So they have planned to teach some students on campus and other…
How to Pick the Wedding Band That Matches Personality
The wedding band and the engagement ring are two combinations made for each other. Your future spouse has already said yes and once she did you must have started to plan to find the perfect wedding band. Although women are more than keen and happy…
Popular Vasansi Designer Kurti Online Among Teenagers
Designer Kurti Online are in trend these days and the Teenagers have a huge demand for Kurti For Women Online. Vasansi has brought you a very special Kurti On Sale for Teenagers to adorn on Ethnic Occasions and look glamorous. Statement set by Vasansi Jaipur…
Tips to wear women’s camisole tank tops
Camisole tank top is a tried-and-true staple that deserves a rightful space in your wardrobe. Having a basic colored camisole top hanging in your closet gives you the motivation to style your outfits differently. But admit that tank tops stay in-fashion even when seasons change…
Tips to Choose Jewellery Cleaning Services in Winnipeg
Want to hire jewellery cleaning services? Don’t know how to choose a reliable company? If yes, then you need to read the below-given tips. With the help of these tips, it will become easy for you to find trustworthy jewellery professionals. Take references – Start searching…