KPSC 2021 – How to Prepare, Books, Do’s & Don’ts
KPSC or Karnataka Public Services Commission conducts the Karnataka Administrative Services (KAS) examination every year for recruiting administrative services aspirants in the state. Candidates interested in appearing for KPSC 2021 must have a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree from any discipline.
The KPSC 2021 exam will take place in three stages – Prelims, Mains and Interview. The interested students must apply online as per the schedule and the instructions available on the official website of the exam. The official date of the KPSC exam 2021 is not out yet, students can check the preparation tips and other details for now.
KPSC – Details, Important Tips, Do’s & Don’ts
As mentioned at the beginning, KPSC 2021 will be held to recruit for various vacant positions within the administration sector of the Karnataka Government. In this section we will state further details about the exam, preparation tips, do’s & don’ts.
|Exam Name||Karnataka Administrative Services (KAS)|
|Conducting Body||Karnataka Public Services Commission (KPSC)|
|Exam Level||State Level|
|Frequency of the Exam||Once a year|
|Mode of Application||Online|
|Stages of Exam||3 – Prelims, Mains, Interview|
|Posts||Deputy Superintendent of Police, Assistant Commissioner, Commercial Tax Officer, Assistant Labour Commissioner, Tahsildar Grade II, Assistant Superintendent, Deputy Superintendent of Excise, Assistant Director, Labour Officer|
KPSC 2021 Preparation Tips
While preparing for the KPSC 2021 exam, aspirants need to keep the following things in mind.
- The first step towards preparing for KPSC exam 2021 must be to devise a plan. Along with the study methods, students must gain access to as many resources of knowledge as possible.
- Candidates must study the NCERT or the State Board books thoroughly to understand the key concepts of subjects like Geography, History, Political Science, Economics and Public Administration.
- Exam oriented books are to be studied next that give the students an idea about the exam pattern and the kinds of questions that would be asked.
- Candidates can take help from experts or tutors, or take up coaching classes to prepare for KPSC.
- Making notes, flow charts, highlighting important points can be useful for memorising.
- Students need to stay informed regarding any KPSC 2021 updates by visiting the official website regularly.
- Checking news from credible sources is also a requirement for preparing for KPSC because the exam also tests the candidate’s general knowledge of current affairs, new policies and schemes introduced by the government etc.
- Appearing in mock tests and attempting sample papers and previous year question papers, can help the candidates in assessing their level of preparation.
- While appearing in the KPSC 2021 exam, the candidates must manage their time properly and answer the questions carefully.
- For the interview stage, the students can refer to self-help books and watch videos to work on their presentation and communication skills. They must be confident in their abilities.
- It is better to start preparing for the exam as soon as possible. A student can start preparing for it even while pursuing their graduation. Preparing at least about a year prior to the actual exam would be favourable for the candidates.
KPSC 2021 Important Books
The syllabus of the KPSC exam tests the candidates on a wide range of topics such as General Studies – National, International and State, Indian Constitution, History (India and Karnataka), Geography (India and Karnataka), Polity (India and Karnataka), Economy, Environmental Studies, Ecology, Science and Technology, Reasoning, Comprehension, Problem Solving and Data Interpretation.
Candidates can refer to books specific to the different stages of the exam, or study topics-wise. Some of the popular books taken up by candidates for the exam have been given in the table below along with the author’s name / publication:
|Book||Author / Publication|
|General Knowledge (Latest Edition)||Arihant|
|General Studies||Santhosh Kamagouda|
|Indian Economy||Ramesh Singh|
|A Concise History of Karnataka||Suryanath U Kamath|
|Geography of Karnataka||Dr. Ranganath|
|Environmental Studies||P.V. Bhyrappa|
|The History of Modern India||Bipan Chandra (translated by HS Gopal Rao)|
|Geography of India||Dr. Ranganath|
|History of Karnataka||Phalaksha|
|Indian Struggle for Independence||Bipin Chandra|
Besides these books, KPSC aspirants can also study the prescribed NCERT and State Board books to get a better grasp of the concepts.
Magazines that deal with current affairs, competitive exams and topics of general knowledge, can also be useful for the candidates to refer to.
KPSC Do’s and Don’ts
Here are some key things to keep to remember for the candidates aspiring to appear in KPSC:
- Regularly check the official KPSC website to stay updated with the new introductions or changes regarding the syllabus, exam pattern etc.
- Do not come under excessive pressure as the exam date nears. Start preparing well in advance.
- Try to revise the covered topics again and again in the days leading up to the examination.
- Do not leave important topics for the eleventh hour because that would lead to a very stressful situation.
- Take care of your physical and mental health. It would be easier to prepare for KPSC and appear in the exam when the candidate is feeling at ease.
- Trust that you have given your fullest efforts and they shall be rewarded with good results.
Few Important Notes on KPSC
- The age limit for appearing in KPSC is from 21 to 35 years.
- To prepare for this exam, you can check for the books online.
- No, the official dates for KPSC 2021 have not yet been announced.
Finally, when it comes to deciding whether to prepare for KPSC by self-study or by taking up coaching classes, the candidates must remember that at the end of the day, it solely depends on their dedication, determination and efforts. If they feel the need for guidance and extra help, they should take up tutions or coaching classes. If the candidate is able to plan and work by themselves, they can choose to study on their own. We wish all the best for your preparation!
Structural Features when Buying a Rental Property
The facilities available in a house play a vital role in the purchase decision regarding that house. When you have chosen some houses from which you will rent to buy home. Next, you have to review the facilities which are available near the neighborhood where…
New Home with Renovation or make Repairs Yourself: Which is more Profitable?
After buying a new home, everyone wants to move in faster. But what about the renovation? Today there are three options for buying a home from a developer: with a turnkey finish, with a rough finish or, completely without it. If you choose a new…
Handy Ideas for Adding Extra Storage to Your House
No matter how spacious your house is, there’s always a shortage of storage space. A proper storage space in a home ensures minimum clutter in the home, and helps to keep it tidy and in a mint condition of flats for sale. However, those living…
Real Estate Investment in Dubai: What’s New?
For years, Dubai has been the center of attention for real estate investments. Not only has the emirate’s tourist visits for each year increased, but the region has also undergone major developments. While the numbers pertaining to the real estate inventory are piling up due…
How to Sign a Document Online
Signing documents online is a very common process nowadays. A lot of companies, individuals and organizations are making use of this to secure documents for themselves or as proofs of authenticity. You can actually do it yourself by signing some documents online yourself. This article…
How To Fix Error [pii_email_4a54df77285983c5da74] Instant Solved
Are you face this [pii_email_4a54df77285983c5da74] mistakes for your Microsoft Outlook Programme? If yes, You land inside the quality vicinity. Here, I will show you five verified strategies to fix this mistake code [pii_email_4a54df77285983c5da74]. Many People are facing this Error code Problem in their browser. Mostly,…
[pii_email_735d0175964d4f0124cf] Error SOlved
Looking for [pii_email_735d0175964d4f0124cf] mistake association? Here you will find out a few guidelines on the way to probably cope with your problem. In the event which you see [pii_email_735d0175964d4f0124cf] blunder code, it implies that your Outlook doesn’t work accurately. All in all, what might you…
[pii_email_7f145965968cae8c3f8f] Error Solved
While Using Diagram a portion of the clients will surely stumble upon multiple burdens like stumbles being used. [pii_email_7f145965968cae8c3f8f] Error code is the massive type of blunder that thousands of Microsoft Outline customers will come across nowadays. Different haven’t the faintest concept how those errors…
Best Online Beauty Stores For Make-up And Skincare
Makeup and skincare are the two things that need the most consideration and thought before you buy them. However, you can’t always go to a departmental store or a makeup shop yourself to compare and buy your favorite skincare products. Thus comes the option of…
Trendy Outfit Ideas to Look Best In March
Spring may be on its own but given the weather conditions, it’s hard to tell if there would be snowfall or a sunny sky with freezing temperature. That’s exactly why the soonest March hits, we are found questioning, what to wear? Fear not, this guide…
How to Pick the Wedding Band That Matches Personality
The wedding band and the engagement ring are two combinations made for each other. Your future spouse has already said yes and once she did you must have started to plan to find the perfect wedding band. Although women are more than keen and happy…
Popular Vasansi Designer Kurti Online Among Teenagers
Designer Kurti Online are in trend these days and the Teenagers have a huge demand for Kurti For Women Online. Vasansi has brought you a very special Kurti On Sale for Teenagers to adorn on Ethnic Occasions and look glamorous. Statement set by Vasansi Jaipur…