Online teaching is one of the most interesting and upcoming careers in the education field. It is slowly taking a center stage and has been adopted by many teachers and students in the past few months. The best part about teaching online is the various benefits that it offers. The traditional teaching approach is taking a back seat due to its numerous drawbacks over virtual learning. Online education has gained popularity among students and it will form a significant part of the education field in the coming years. It has made a major change in the lives of students and the way they consume knowledge.
Why Online Teaching?
The need for online education was witnessed immensely during this global COVID-19 pandemic. Although, even before this, students opted for online education/distance learning. This was a flexible option for them considering the heavy cost of traditional learning and the time taken to commute to the educational institutions. Also, this option was not quite feasible for working professionals. This led to more number of students to opt for online education.
As more students started to take online lessons, teachers started establishing their presence on various online platforms. The need for the current situation and the highly demanding field has let teachers take over the online world.
How does Online Teaching works?
Before going into the whole process of how you can teach online, let’s first see what are the types of online teaching.
There are 2 types of virtual teaching i.e. Synchronous and Asynchronous.
- Synchronous- This type of teaching encourages teachers to teach students on a one to one level. A good example of this could be a live online lecture conducted on zoom. This is where teachers have to come live and teach and assist students with their studies.
- Asynchronous- This type of teaching involves teachers to share their videos based on a particular topic or any other study-related video. An example of this could be a pre-recorded video lecture. In this, students are provided with recorded videos from the teachers which they can watch and understand as per their timing and pace of learning.
Opting for either type of teaching solely depends on the teachers. After deciding the type, the next (important) step is to opt for a good online teaching platform. A teaching platform will make sure that you do not face any issues while teaching and that the entire process goes smoothly.
How to choose a good online teaching platform?
- The platform should be free or cost-effective.
- The platform should contain various tools to create engaging courses or other study materials for students.
- The platform should be simple and easy to use.
- The platform should be collaborative i.e. connecting with your potential learners should not be a problem.
- The platform should provide the utmost security.
- The platform should be easily accessible and available on any device like mobile phones, laptops, tablets and so on.
- Last but not least the platform should fulfill your monetary needs.
After choosing online teaching software, the next step is to register on the platform. This step requires you to enter your personal and professional details. Now, some platforms allow you to proceed without any teaching experience or qualification. However, the majority of the platforms verifies your educational and professional background. Also, it is good to have a teaching knowledge or skills to establish your credibility and gain more students.
Get to know the platform further as it is the only medium that will help you manage and organize your teaching routine. You can now easily create courses and keep a track of them via this platform. Search for your potential students who are interested to take up your course and approach them. Set your pricing as per your course and earn a handsome income while you teach online.
What is the Scope of Online Teachers?
The scope of online teachers is endless as this field is growing at a good rate. According to many latest reports and studies, the e-Learning market in India is expected to hit 9.6 million users by the year 2021. It has also been observed that many small tech firms are booming even in this crisis. It is because students are shifting to online learning due to its benefits and also the pandemic has forced all the educational institutions to conduct online exam software based tests and virtual lectures. There are many openings available for online tutors, course developers, subject experts, K-12 teachers, etc in these tech companies.
What are the Benefits to Teachers who teach online?
Teaching online can be a great option as teachers can access various benefits.
- Teachers need not travel to a class to teach students like a traditional approach. They can conduct classes from anywhere regardless of the physical location.
- They can sync their timings to that of students and can conduct the classes.
- Teaching online includes a rich and diverse experience of students and technology. Teachers can learn more about each student and make them understand the topic better. On the other hand, teachers get hands-on experience in technology which can help them in their further teaching career. They can make use of the best online teaching platform for free to get started with teaching quickly.
- Teachers can bring a lot of innovation while teaching as they can create various study materials from different sources available online. They can also encourage students to participate in class discussions and overall online sessions.
- Lastly, teachers can earn a decent amount of money while teaching online.
online teaching is a far better and reliable option today in the education sector. It is a new dimension that has gained a lot of importance and will continue to rise in the coming years as well. So teachers should opt for this approach and see themselves move forward in this digital era.
A Complete Guide to Finding the Right Retirement Property for You
Whether you’re excited to pursue new hobbies or looking forward to settling down with your partner, retirement signals the next phase in your life. But deciding where to put down your roots isn’t an easy decision. From the benefits of a retirement village to tips…
Reasons Why Renting Could Be Better Than Buying for all Mumbaikars
For many people, own a home is a life long goal. Although there is a lot of homeownership in Mumbai today, this is not always the case. Historically, the family had to either build their own house or rent an apartment from someone else. Although…
Real estate Tips for an Immobilienmakler Neu Ulm to Be Successful
You know the top 10 tips for Immobilienmakler Neu Ulm to be successful. It is a simple list that is not very difficult to follow. If you follow it religiously, you will be successful in your career as an agent, no matter what level you are…
Things Only Experts Know About Residential Roofing
Your home’s roof can represent up to 40% of your home’s exterior. It is essential to understand what keeps your home looking beautiful and safe from elemental factors like weather from curb appeal to home safety. That’s where residential roofing comes in! Residential roofing is…
Let your CA Results Speak with the Best Institute For CA In India| VSI Jaipur
CA is the most favorite career priority among the young generations. Due to its increasing demands in public and government sectors with admirable salary packages. All interested students prepare for CA from their class 12th only. CA has three levels of examination, such as CA…
Popular Specializations in Law and Career Scopes in 2020
Being a lawyer is a noble profession and gives the power to make a difference in people’s life. The journey of becoming a lawyer is long and filled with hard work and sincerity. Passing with flying colors as a lawyer is not where the journey…
How are Educational Toys Important for Early Childhood Development?
For a child, toys play a very essential role in early development. whether it is a stuffed toy, doll, or a plastic car, it might be your favourite one or one of the most played ones, toys tend to influence a child’s early abilities and…
Benefits Of Taking The JEE Advanced
The Joint entrance examination is an all India common engineering entrance examination conducted for admissions in various engineering colleges all over the country. There are two tests conducted-JEE advanced and JEE main. Those students who clear the JEE mains are eligible to appear for the…
Keep it Cool with the Colour of the Day
White for Mondays – White represents peace and mellow and looks and feels incredibly cool as well. Quite literally, the lighter the cloth is, the cooler it is. But anyway moving on from the science, you cannot deny the fact that white can be matched…
# of different kinds of ties
Have you ever gone shopping for a tie and when you got to the store you noticed there were different kinds and styles of ties to choose from? Well that is because there is. Not only are there different kinds of ties but there are…
7 Types of Cool Beachwear for Men Who Want To Be Iconic For Every Girl
Men and women visit beaches and swimming pools to spend a day full of glamour and excitement. What accentuates your body assets? Well, it depends on different factors, including body type, skin tone, and more. However, your swimsuits are very important to achieve the goals….
What makes a Tote Handbag a Better Choice while going to the Gym?
When the gym becomes one of the most visited places after your home and workplace, mixing fashion and working out becomes a new trend. Becoming health conscious has now become priority for everyone, which means people are adding branded outfits, bags and accessories to sweat…