Instagram is an app specially designed for phones so people find it tricky to use this app on their laptops, PC, or Mac and easily post on Instagram. Instagram recently introduced the direct message feature on desktops but the option to upload any picture or video is not available for now. If you’re still wondering how to publish photos or videos on Instagram from your computer, then you’ve come to the right place.
Why post on Instagram?
Instagram is one of the biggest platforms for expanding your audience whether you are a business owner, a content creator, or an Influencer. With over 500 million monthly active users, your chance of growing your brand on this network is very high. The following information shows that Instagram is a great place for businesses and brands. If you are not on Instagram but you want to grow your business online, you are going a wrong way. If you are a beginner on Instagram, you can consult an agency. BuyInstagramFollowers365 is an Instagram marketing company where you can find services for Instagram to grow online.
- Don’t miss out on this amazing opportunity. Make your Instagram account if you haven’t yet. Showcase your skills and grow on Instagram.
Can you post on Instagram from PC or Mac?
The answer is yes! Even though Instagram does not allow that, but we are going to teach you some simple tips on how to post on Instagram from your computer.
If you are a content creator or you own a business that requires a daily Instagram post, then this is for you! It is a very hectic job to transfer your pictures/videos into your computer from a camera, then again move them into your phone. Some people use paid services to upload content on Instagram directly from the computer.
Posting on Instagram from PC
You can use these following browsers to post on Instagram from PC
- Internet explorer
Keep posting on Instagram is necessary to get more Instagram Likes. According to the statistics, more than half of people from around the world use chrome, and the remaining ones use Firefox. You’ll hardly find people who are using Internet Explorer or edge in 2020.
Here, we are going to explain to you how to post on Instagram from PC using chrome. The steps for chrome and Firefox are almost the same.
Posting from PC using Chrome
- The first step is to open the chrome browser. If you don’t have chrome, you can easily download it.
- Click on the search bar and search Instagram.com. Then log in to your Instagram.
- Click on the three-dot icon on the top right corner of your screen. Click on “more tools” from the drop-down menu then click on Developer’s tools.
- Instead of doing the third step, you can just right click with your mouse anywhere on the screen and select “Inspect” from the drop-down menu that will be shown on your screen.
- After doing the third or fourth step, the Developers panel will appear on the right side of your screen with all the confusing codes and data. You can completely ignore them.
- Then click on the second icon at the top in the Developers panel. This icon will look like a phone and a tablet.
- You will notice a change on the left side of the screen. Click on the “responsive” option in the top bar where you can choose your mobile interface.
- Now, refresh the page and you will see the (+) sign on your Instagram account. Hit the (+) sign and post images from your PC.
(Tip: You can also download the safari browser on your PC and post pictures on Instagram. We have mentioned the step-by-step instructions to post pictures from the safari browser below)
Posting on Instagram from Mac
These following browsers will help you post on Instagram from Mac
The method for uploading on Instagram from Mac using the chrome browser is the same as posting from PC. You just have to click on the “view” option in the top bar instead of clicking on the three-dot icon. Then it will show the same drop-down menu where you will choose the Developer’s tool and follow further steps.
Posting from Mac using Safari
- Open your safari browser, click on “safari” at the top of your screen, then click on “Preferences”.
- Click on “advanced” where you will see a checkbox on the bottom next to “Show Develop menu in the bar”. Click on the checkbox and a blue tick will appear.
- Log in to your Instagram.
- Click on “Develop” in the menu bar. Select “User-Agent” and hit Safari—iOS—iPhone.
- Now, you can post on Instagram from Mac by clicking on the (+) sign at the bottom of your screen.
Other Easy Ways
Many other ways and third-party tools are used to post on Instagram from your PC or Mac. We have listed down some third-party tools which you can use for posting on Instagram.
- Uplet (only for Mac)
You can download these tools on your computer and use them according to the given instructions on their page.
Facebook creator studio
Facebook creator studio was launched for computer users to upload posts on Instagram in 2019. This will only work if you have an Instagram business profile linked to a Facebook page. Facebook creator studio is available for both PC and Mac.
· Can we post stories on Instagram from PC or Mac?
Yes, you can! To post stories on Instagram from your computer, you have to follow the similar steps given above for Chrome and Safari. Then you can post stories on Instagram from your computer as you would from your Phone.
· Can we edit our Instagram posts from the computer?
Of course, you can! Once you have followed all the steps given above, you will be able to edit posts too.
· Can we delete our Instagram posts from the computer?
Follow the instructions given above on how to post on Instagram from PC or Mac, then click on the three-dot icon on the top right corner of your post and click on “delete”.