Are you a pregnant mom? Are you searching yoga poses for strengthening and to make your body prepared before childbirth? If you are continually looking for certain yoga poses such as breathing exercises, stretching poses, and improving mental illnesses, then this article is for you. Including prenatal yoga in your daily routine, especially during your pregnancy journey, may add loads of health benefits and help in promoting baby health. In this article, let’s check out how prenatal services the mom to be and their babies. Also, read through the article and find out the best five yoga asanas that you can follow during the stages of your pregnancy cycle. To know more, keep reading the post!
Benefits of prenatal yoga:
Prenatal yoga offers numerous health benefits both for the expecting mother and their babies. Yes! It helps to relax your mind and body, boosts energy, as well as it keeps the physical and mental health healthy. Practicing yoga poses during the pregnancy journey, eases a few pregnancy symptoms like back pain, constipation, fatigue, swelling, bloating, and morning sickness. Following prenatal yoga adds more benefits, mainly strengthening that helps your body prepare for labor. But, make sure not to add any exercises without your doctor’s advice only if she asks you to stay fit. So, speak to your doctor before you add movement in any form in your routine. Here are a few benefits of prenatal yoga:
- Prenatal yoga relieves tension around the cervix area, making you prepare for delivery and labor.
- It helps in alleviating pregnancy symptoms like morning sickness, headache, hip tension, shortness of breath, constipation, painful cramps, swollen ankles, and other related conditions.
- Yoga supports the healthy growth of a baby in the uterus.
- It helps get rid of the stress; depression thereby stabilizes your mood swings.
- It helps to improve sleep.
- Manages body weight
- Lowers blood pressure
- It helps to build and tone the muscles.
- Regular practice helps to recover from post-delivery problems very quickly.
During your pregnancy journey, you may experience repeated bouts of stress, insomnia, severe hormonal variation, and frequency in the urge to urinate. All these symptoms can be eased by practicing pranayama, mainly ujjayi and Nadi shodhana. Well! Practicing this balances your energy levels, improves oxygen supply, improves flexibility in the joints, and helps to nurture other organs of the body as well.
2. Bound angle pose:
This pose helps in strengthening your hip and spine muscles. In this exercise, all you need to do is to sit with your feet with the sides of the leg open. While sitting-press the balls of the feet together followed by breathing exercise. These yoga poses can lengthen your spine and revitalize the nervous, respiratory, and reproductive systems.
3. Seated side bend:
Raise your right hand off to the ceiling and then bend to the side of your face taking a few breaths while doing the exercise. Repeat the same with the left hand as well.
4. Triangle pose:
It is one of the best exercises if you are struggling with indigestion and heartburn issues. Yes! This exercise helps to improve digestion and stimulate abdominal organs. Stand with the legs spread wide. Place your right arm on the hip and raise your left hand forward and lookup. Repeat the same procedure with another component as well. Make sure to take a deep breath while doing the exercise. If you are already suffering from gastrointestinal issues and are on medicines, then refill your medicine bottle by ordering the medicine from a trusted online medicine site and get them delivered directly at your doorstep.
5. Easy pose:
This yoga pose is a simple cross-legged pose, which helps to relax your tight hip muscles. All you need to do is to place the knees, stock over the feet, and keep your spine straight (Sukhasana). Place your hand on the knee or the lap with the palms facing either up or down. Relax and take a deep breath and be in the same position as long as comfortable.
Tips to stay safe while doing prenatal yoga:
Here are a few details to keep in mind while doing prenatal yoga:
- Drink enough water.
- Never try doing exercise while lying on the back. It may feel dizziness and nauseous.
- Stay away from backbends, abdominal workouts, and twists types of exercises.
But, if you are experiencing any of the below-mentioned symptoms like:
- Pain in the calf muscles
- Leakage in the vaginal fluid
- Belly cramps or back pain, then stop doing your exercise and call your doctor immediately. If medicines are prescribed, order the prescription medicines from the best online pharmacy store and avail fantastic medicine discounts on every product you choose.