QuickBooks error 1712 occurs when you install QuickBooks on your desktop computer. Errors directly cause the installer to fail, so you cannot install the software until the error is resolved. Generally, missing Windows components will cause this error in most cases. One or more required components for QuickBooks are not available so you cannot install the software on your system. For including advanced features in QuickBooks Desktop you can go for QuickBooks Desktop Premier Plus, in which accounting becomes easier and helps your business to grow.
For any error in Quickbooks, you can take the help of the Quickbooks tool hub, it is a hub of many tools that help to resolve errors, it is also useful to resolve many Quickbooks errors such as QuickBooks error 1904, QuickBooks error 6175, QuickBooks 6000 errors and many more.
What is QuickBooks error 1712?
Nowadays, there are regular updates to previous versions of QuickBooks. Then QuickBooks stops opening and reinstalling, it says QuickBooks error 1712. QuickBooks error code 1712 usually appears when installing QuickBooks on the primary or master computer or server. Usually, it appears with a warning message as shown below:-
We’re sorry! Something went wrong with your installation.
Error 1712. Restoration will not be possible.
The above interface you will watch if you encounter QuickBooks error 1712.
What are the reasons behind QuickBooks error 1712?
QuickBooks error code 1712 can cause errors after installing or uninstalling any program that requires a restart after the process, or you may also see this error after updating QuickBooks. Learn about other possible causes of this error.
- You have corrupted data files on your QuickBooks desktop.
- Some changes were made to the software on the same computer.
- You are trying to install your QuickBooks into an encrypted or corrupted folder.
- Some malware like adware, spyware, and virus attacks.
- There is a registration error or your software is corrupted.
- Updates to QuickBooks software.
Symptoms of QuickBooks error 1712
There are some signs and symptoms that can help you understand what error 1712 is caused by. Some symptoms are below:
- The screen displays a blue screen.
- Input and output errors
- The desktop version of QuickBooks is blocked.
- Concerns about closures
- Error with HTTP
- The QuickBooks installation on the computer is not configured correctly.
Quick steps to fix QuickBooks error 1712
For quick fixing QuickBooks error 1712 follow the below steps as shown:
1: restart the computer
2: Close the all QuickBooks version running in the background
3: again install the Quickbooks
Some other advanced methods to fix QuickBooks error 1712
1: download QuickBooks desktop
- Visit the resource page Download the QuickBooks release.
- Select the change option.
- Click on the product version.
- Now select the desired version in the version column.
- Finally, click the download button.
2: use QuickBooks Install Diagnostic tool
- Visit Intuit’s official website.
- Then, search for the QBInstall tool.
- Once you receive it, download the QBInstall diagnostic tool to your computer.
- After downloading this tool, install it.
- Close all system and background apps to run the QuickBooks Installation Diagnostic Tool
- Right-click the QBInstall diagnostic tool, then select Open. Look for the option pop-up “I’m having trouble installing QuickBooks.”
- Now select the OK tab.
- Finally, restart your computer system to ensure that all the changes you made are correct.
3: select the quick ‘Fix My program’ from the QuickBooks tool hub
- First, close your QuickBooks desktop and download the QuickBooks Tool Hub file.
- Save the file to your system where you can find it easily.
- Now click on the downloaded file which has the name QuickBooksToolHub.exe file.
- You need to follow the on-screen commands to install the tool.
- Once the installation is complete, you need to open the tool center. Now in the QuickBooks tools center, you need to select program problems and also select quick fix for my program.
- Now install QuickBooks again.
4: provide admin rights to QuickBooks software
- Click on the Windows Start button and move to the Control Panel.
- Go to User Accounts in the Control Panel.
- For your software version, search for QBDataServiceUserXX. In QuickBooks Desktop 2020, search for QBDataServiceUser30, and in QuickBooks Desktop 2019, search for QBDataServiceUser29.
- Select Administrator under Change account type.
- To save all your changes, click Apply.
- Follow the instructions for each QB Database Server Manager you use.
Quickbooks error 1712 is a software installation-related error. If you want to fix this error, you can follow the various solutions provided in this article. You can get help from the Quickbooks tool hub, which contains many error-resolving tools. For any help in Quickbooks, you can contact Quickbooks support anytime. The Quickbooks pro advisors are Quickbooks certified ProAdvisor, they have the ultimate knowledge of Quickbooks. So do not hesitate to contact them they will provide you with the best solutions regarding any questions or queries in Quickbooks.