Resin Driveways and their Benefits
Technological development and advancement in the polymer industry have led to many innovations which can be used for both domestic and industrial purposes. Epoxies and polymers now find countless applications. One such useful application is building driveways. Resin Driveways Cambridgeshire has gained immense popularity because of its smooth and aesthetic appearance as well as many other qualities. Let us look in detail at the factors which have made the usage of resin for surfacing driveways a popular choice.
Durable and Long Lasting
Resin not only gives you a beautifully finished surface but also imparts its inherent properties such as durability. Polyurethane resin, which is often used for most driveway applications is highly resistant to water. It offers the perfect drainage system. The surface itself is highly flexible which prevents cracks from forming when you drive or park your car on your driveway. As there is no water seepage, there is no erosion and your resin-bound driveway will last for 20 years.
Easy maintenance for your Resin Driveways Cambridgeshire
Resin surfaces require little maintenance. The smooth surface ensures that water and dirt do not stay over it for long. Like with other driveways, you do not have to worry about any loose stones or blocks. Simple washing of the surface will be enough to keep your driveway in a super clean condition. The resin surface prevents moss and weed growth, requiring little cleaning to be done.
Resin-bound driveways can be constructed in over 50 colours. Numerous types and colours of aggregates can be used along-with polyurethane resin to build a driveway you want in the colour you like. Resin-bound driveways can enhance the aesthetic appeal of your home and transform the exterior into something pleasing.
Four More reasons to choose resin driveways
- They are permeable: the resin and aggregates are cold mixed, ensuring that every aggregate completely adheres to the resin resulting in a 3D matrix structure that allows water drainage.
- Highly resistant to climatic conditions: Resin does not soften in hot weather or freeze when it is cold.
- SuDS ( Sustainable Urban Drainage Systems )compliant: resin-bound driveways help in managing water quality and flooding.
- planning permission not required: If the area of your driveway is less than 5 meters square you do not require planning permission.
Should you get a Resin Driveways Cambridgeshire?
Before you hire someone to build your resin-bound driveway, you need to estimate the total cost you will have to ensure. Resin-bound driveways are not cheap, however for their price they offer value as your driveway will last a lifetime. Your cost of a resin-bound driveway will depend on the surface area of your driveway and the colour/type of aggregates you choose. Get a quote from more than one company to find the most affordable one.
Will you require planning permission?
One of the most painstaking tasks when carrying out a construction project or alteration is applying for planning permission. The good news is that you do not need it for resin-bound driveways, provided your driveway is not larger than 5m².
Getting the right people
With the popularity of resin-bound driveways, the companies claiming to provide the most effective resin surfacing have also increased. So how do you decide which one to choose? Although, surfacing a driveway may not seem to you like a challenging task but it does require technical skills. You should look for a professional company which has considerable experience in the construction industry, especially when it comes to residential projects such as driveways. The construction company should ideally have structural engineers, architects, designers, etc providing a host of construction services such as Underpinning Cambridgeshire. Read the customer reviews on their website before you hire them.
Brief process of laying Resin Driveways Cambridgeshire
- The first thing a professional will do is to check your construction site for suitability. He will check the soil quality and whether there is any contamination or water leakage. Ground preparation may require excavating and refilling the construction site.
- The construction company should measure the entire area to be covered precisely to identify the best mix of aggregates and resin.
- Nearly all common surfaces are suitable for using resin, however, some may require additional preparation.
- The entire construction site will be cleaned and cleared.
- The resin will be mixed according to the required ratio with the aggregates and the mixture will be used to surface your driveway.